In this early structure is found a nice surviving fresco, in the solar, of the Crucifixion.
By 1300 the Great Hall had been built and was a place of assembly separate from the private residence.
|The main hall|
By 1500 the garderobe had gone and was replaced by a kitchen. The ground floor of the solar was now a parlour with a door to the kitchen. There was probably a gallery for musicians or spectators at meetings in the main hall. By the 17th c. the gallery had been covered and converted into rooms.
|The house today|